
Today was a busy day. Olivia had Motor group from 9:30-11:00. Afterwards we had to run some errands. Olivia had fallen asleep a couple of times in the car between all of the driving. After we got home and she had a short nap she had OT. Chris and Christina both came to go over what Olivia is able to do at this point. Next month we will be making new goals for the next 6 months. During therapy Chris wanted to try to get Olivia to take a step or two. She had Olivia hold onto the handle of a wooden spoon and then Chris held the top. Once Olivia started a step Chris let go and Olivia took 5 steps towards me all by herself. Wow, that was such a great moment! I was almost in tears. Chris and Christina were also on the verge of tears. Olivia is a smart girl and caught on to what we were doing really quick. She did not want us to let go of her. She was able to take several more steps all by herself until the end of therapy. When Matt got home I showed him what she had done and Matt was also able to see her take a few steps all by herself. Everything has been baby steps with Olivia. It's amazing how you appreciate every single one of those baby steps that she does take. I am so very grateful for everyone who works with Olivia. They have done such an amazing job. Olivia absolutely loves this team. Her eyes lighten up when she sees them.
Just so I can remember myself of everyone who has contributed with Olivia's therapy I need to write it down. OT-Chris (has done such a tremendous job on overall development. I have had some really good talks with Chris that have help me through it all.), Vision-Terry (amazing with Olivia. Always has a new song to sing to Olivia and they are the best songs I've heard. Helps with her overall development. Love Terry.), PT- Tiffany and now Mark Jones (I used to work with Mark at Now I Can), Speech- Lizzie (just started speech last month).
Olivia has started to sign more, milk, and open. She can say mama, dada, nana (banana), hi, and here. Olivia loves getting into all of the cupboards and pulling everything out. Olivia loves the water including bath time and swimming. She loves singing songs and playing with Myles.
No comments:
Post a Comment